Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Ruby's Taqueria (Sunnyvale, CA): Nachos con Carne - Al Pastor


That last post took a lot out of me, even though it was super cheesy, so I'm just cranking this one out to get caught up! ;-)

We had to travel a bit further than usual to get to Ruby's, but any lunch is better and totally worth it when you go and hang out with an old friend you haven't seen in awhile.  He only had to walk a few blocks to get there, though - lucky mofo!

After looking behind the counter and seeing all kinds of activity with different meats and such, I decided to go for something other than chicken this time.  Al Pastor!  And no beans, please!

I gotta stop doing this - just stick with shredded chicken...

Don't get me wrong, the Al Pastor was ok.  Good flavor, just kind of chewy with lots of fat that I had to discretely spit into napkins.  My friend had some of their spicy shredded chicken and said it was awesome (doh!), so I'll likely get that next time we go here.

As far as the other ingredients, I was surprised to see my old friend, Queso Plastico (plastic cheese suace), which in this case actually went fine with the meat and generous portions of jalapenos, guacamole, and sour cream.  Overall, a decent lunch, and reasonably priced ($4.99 + tax for the nachos).

Rating: 3 out of 5
Rating Notes: Great home-made chips, but I just can't score any plate of nachos that uses plastic cheese sauce above a 3½ anymore and the fatty Al Pastor knocked another ½ point off.
Map to Location: http://mapq.st/LMUkB1

No comments:

Post a Comment