Sunday, July 10, 2011

My House (Ben Lomond, CA): "Pretty Good" Rotisserie Chicken and Black Bean Nachos

Nice!  A lazy Sunday, hanging out at home with my sweetheart, doing nothing much.  For lunch?  Of course, - nachos!  On Friday, I'd stopped by Safeway for this and that and they were running a special on whole Rotisserie chickens for $5 each.  There was still some left over on Sunday and that gave me a great excuse to make a hearty batch of home made goodness.  This time, I put a layer of chips (Kirkland Signature), mild cheddar, black beans, chicken, diced onions, and a dusting of chili powder.  On top, a nice blob of guacamole, sour cream, and salsa (Pace - don't laugh - for a processed salsa, that stuff is pretty darn good).  While I still don't like these as well as most taqueria nachos, they are better than some that I've had (you hear that, Los Gallos and Fiesta Taqueria?).  As usual, I made and ate too many, but that's the kind of thing you're supposed to do on a lazy Sunday, right?  And how many times do I get to enjoy a Corona with my lunch?
Rating: 3½ out of 5
Rating Notes: Good, filling flavor, decent chicken, and got an extra half a point because I got to have a beer with 'em

No comments:

Post a Comment