Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Las Flamas (Santa Clara, CA): Chicken Nachos

Ok - I know, it's been a long time!  I'm sorry I made all of you nacho lovers wait, but you're about to get a bunch of new posts, so stand by!
So - Las Flamas!  I like the name, I like the logo.  I actually like the fact that they even bothered to have a logo.  Very rare in the taqueria world!  So how were the nachos?
Let's start with the chips.  Very promising - chopped, fried tortillas, just like God intended.  But, they were stale!  I hoped that since my nachos would be cooked, the chips would be crisped up...
Nope!  However, look at that presentation!  Very nice indeed!  The chicken was grilled, and as is typical with this method, it was a bit dry.  However, the flavor was good and these nachos really had nice attention to detail with the ingredients included.  How often do you see chopped cilantro on nachos?  Excellent!  A good, solid plate of nachos.

Rating: 3½ out of 5
Rating Notes:  Could've gotten another 1/2 point if not for the stale chips.  Awarded these an additional ½ point for their presentation and the nifty logo.
Map to Location: http://mapq.st/ShtAgS

No comments:

Post a Comment