Tuesday, March 26, 2013

***100th Post! *** Boardwalk Bowl (Santa Cruz, CA): Nachos Supreme

Welcome to the 100th POST on my Nacho Blog!  It's been so much fun to eat, write, and publish, and I really appreciate you taking the time to read my ramblings on about my favorite food.  Don't worry - I'm not stopping yet!



Yep, that's right!  Bowling alley nachos!  Only the second time I've ever posted a plate of chippy, cheesy, salsa-y sour creamy, guacamole-y goodness on this blog, and these ones blew the enormous-yet-mediocre nachos from '300' away!

The family and I were out bowling by the Boardwalk in Santa Cruz with some friends, having a great time, but I wanted more greatness.  So what better way to increase the greatness of any experience?  Add a healthy helping of nachos, of course!

When I ordered these I was expecting plastic cheese-slathered lameness (they ARE partially affiliated with a nearby amusement park, after all), but what a pleasant surprise to find a homemade-style, oven-cooked (not microwaved!) batch of my favorite Mexican food in such an unlikely place!  All ingredients (except for meat) present, accounted for, and well-made.  Decent chips, melted cheeddar, olives, fresh salsa, sour cream, guacamole, and jalapeños brought a smile to my face and grease to my fingers that almost made me drop my bowling ball a couple times.

Rating: 3½ out of 5
Rating Notes: Homemade flavor is both a good and bad thing.  On the one hand, you know someone put some love into making them.  On the other hand, you don't really feel like your out treating yourself to something special.  No meat available knocks the score down a little, too.
Map to Location: http://mapq.st/XbavCm 

No comments:

Post a Comment