Friday, May 6, 2011

Taqueria Superior (Campbell, CA): Chile Verde Nachos

I'd driven by this place a zillion times during my tenure as a Los Gatos/Campbell business employee, and wondered if it was really "Supérior".  I walked in, planning to get a plate of chicken nachos, but the meat selection on the menu caught my eye.  Chile Verde?  That sounds good!  And what a good choice it was.  These nachos, heaped generously with refries, chile verde, Monterey Jack, guacamole, sour cream, and pico de gallo were great (and check out that nifty sour cream stripey pattern, the likes of which I hadn't seen since I went to Tu Mero Mole)!  Tangy, with just enough green peppery taste to give an extra kick compared to what I'm usually used to.  Highly recommended.
Side Note: They have a really tasty avocado salsa (not quite guacamole, not quite salsa) at their free salsa bar!  Their red salsa is good as well.
Rating: 4 out of 5
Map to Location: http://mapq.st/n4vAKY

No comments:

Post a Comment