Friday, May 6, 2011

Taqueria Vallarta (Felton): Chicken Regular Nachos (to go)

I'm actually surprised that these weren't the first post I made after the Taco Bell nachos.  Taqueria Vallarta (multiple locations in Santa Cruz County) is one of my old standbys.  Their food is good, reasonably priced, and the people that work there are really friendly.  I've had their "Regular Chicken Nachos" many times and while they aren't the best I've found so far, they're always good.  Thick, home-made deep fried tortilla chips, juicy shredded chicken, and generous portions of guacamole, sour cream, and pico de gallo make for a tasty, filling meal every time.  I took this picture when I grabbed some for take out one night after work.  The presentation is much better when you eat in, trust me.
Rating: 3½ out of 5
Warning:  There is an impostor taqueria in Sunnyvale, CA masquerading as 'Taqueria Vallarta' that I unfortunately stopped at for some chicken nachos at a few years ago (thanks/no thanks, GPS points of interest!).  Those were the most offensive plate of nachos I've ever had.  Tasteless Chicken, obviously watered down guacamole and sour cream (seriously, who does that?), very average salsa.  And, they even charged 25 cents for a tiny tray of corn chips (again, seriously, who does that? - As a friend of mine once said, free chips and salsa is your "ROI" when you go out for mexican food).  Needless to say, avoid this joint and
stick to the Taqueria Vallarta chain in Santa Cruz county.  They rock!
Map to Location: http://mapq.st/oXVFgt

No comments:

Post a Comment